Domiciliary Eyecare Wimbledon
We are registered by the local authority to provide domiciliary eye care in Merton, Sutton, Surrey, Richmond and Kingston areas. Our domiciliary eyecare service takes eye healthcare out of the practice and into the patients’ homes, nursing and care homes. We are able to offer this service for those patients that would not be able to get to the opticians. It is ideal for patients suffering from dementia, learning difficulties or physical disabilities. We deliver a through eye examination suiting the particular needs of the patient in the comfort of their own home.
How to make an appointment and what to expect?
Request a home eye examination by calling the practice on 020 8944 6886. An appointment will be made at time that is most suitable for you.
We will call the day before to confirm it’s still convenient to visit
During the visit, the optometrist will ask about questions on the history and symptoms of your eyes and health.
An eye examination will be conducted using our specialised equipment for home eye testing
If you need spectacles to help with your vision, the optometrist will help you choose the most suitable pair and discuss your lens options.
Your spectacles will be delivered and fitted at your home by the optometrist as soon as feasibly possible.
Journey To A Clearer Future
Eligibility of Home Eye Test
You may qualify for a free NHS-funded eye test at home if you are unable to visit an optician unaccompanied due to physical or mental disability, and are any of the following:
- Aged 60 or over.
- Registered blind or partially sighted.
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma.
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma, as advised by an optician.
- Aged 40 or over and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma.
- Receiving benefits*.
- Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate.
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate.
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (our optician will advise on the entitlement).